Our law firm is looking for a paralegal/legal assistant to support four attorneys in our Buckhead office. Our offices are located in the Monarch Plaza on Peachtree Road in Atlanta, directly across from Lenox Square.
We are looking for a professional, detail-oriented individual with the following characteristics:
- Positive attitude.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to work independently, without continuous, ongoing supervision.
- Must be a team player.
Law firm experience is preferred. Candidates must be available 35-40 hours per week.
The position includes a mix of paralegal and administrative tasks. The daily responsibilities for this position include generally:
- Dealing directly with clients and attorneys.
- E-filing court documents (state and federal).
- Working with our attorneys for the preparation and drafting of correspondence, revising pleadings and discovery documents.
- Assisting the attorneys with discovery, document production, trial preparation and hearings.
- Calendaring and litigation-docket scheduling.
- Assisting with electronic discovery.
- Office and law firm administrative tasks such as filing, answering telephone calls, maintaining, and organizing both physical and electronic files, and initiating and setting up cases.
- Maintaining invoices, bank account balances, handling payments to vendors and third-parties.
- Acting as a Notary Public (or eligible to apply and obtain a notary).
- Entering time entries for attorneys; generating and maintaining monthly invoices.
Please email your resume to attorney Cheryl R. Treadwell at email@example.com